Hiring Skilled Legal Assistant for Litigation Firm
We are an entrepreneurial small law firm that is on track for aggressive growth, and we need an experienced paralegal to join our team and be a total superstar – working directly with the owners and lawyers to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need a Senior Legal Assistant who can hit the ground running.
- Communicate with clients and experts
- Monitor case progress, deadlines, and important timeframes
- Draft documents, indexes, chronologies; prepare contracts; draft letters and court documents; fill out legal forms; write reports, etc.
- Obtain and analyze client records and financial documents
- Help lawyers prepare cases for court appearances/questioning/trials
- Manage discovery/questioning
- Research laws and judicial decisions about current as well as past cases
- Assist lawyers in the courtroom
- Maintain records in case management system, digital filing, physical filing
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our Superstar:
- You see an opportunity for an organization where other people see a mess
- You understand that sometimes it’s OK to leave a message, but you also know when you gotta keep trying until you speak to a person
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
You must have experience. While we love to help people learn and grow, we don’t have time for that right now. We need a Legal Assistant with experience in family law, and also preferably civil litigation. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal handholding.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to apply for this position, prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH senior legal assistant AWESOME]
If you decide to apply and follow the instructions, we look forward to meeting you.